Monday, February 28, 2011

a couple random things

This morning, for the first time, there was a distinct glow on the horizon as I walked to work.  It provided more than enough light to see my way along through the snowy field behind the Hilton.  Hitherto, except when there's a moon, I usually just stumble along over the faint and featureless snowscape toward the distant street lights, occasionally tripping over a fresh drift or sinking thigh deep off the edge of the trodden path.  It seems this will no longer be a problem.  We're still picking up some six minutes of sunlight with each passing day.

A very funny image, from Neil Gaiman's blog.  I'm a great fan of mistranslation, and this little menu or ticket or whatever is an absolute classic of the genre.  I just hope it turns up with adequate resolution to read.

And finally, I've been invited for a steam by my friend Jim, a contact from school and pickup basketball.  Jim is a white guy like me, but I won't hold that against him.  ;)   I intend to enjoy it immensely.  And I have to go.

3 comments:

  1. As you know, son, I do love word-based humor. Puns, you know, all that stuff. So I loved the "ticket". My favorite - "The ticket doesn't to the reporting of lose. Please carefully keep."
    I can about wet my pants looking at it again now! It just rips me up. Why DOESN'T the ticket to the reporting of lose? Why? That damn existential ticket!
    Ah, hard to explain humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you
    get a lot of spam feedback? If so how do you stop it,
    any plugin or anything you can recommend? I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.

    my web blog bookbinding

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Would you mind if I share your blog with my zynga group?

    There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Many thanks

    Here is my webpage; flintrock

    ReplyDelete