Sunday, January 9, 2011

on AK

Well, since I already have a blog that I haven't used lately, I may as well simply resume. Appropriate, I guess, since I am here for educational purposes. So here's blog post number one from Mountain Village: I had cereal for breakfast. Good old flaky, somewhat sweetened, cold cereal with organic whole milk. The milk I brought from Anchorage with me; the cereal I picked up at the store here in Mountain. It's a pretty nice little convenience store with prices not as bad as expected--expensive, but not absurd. So I will indeed place a bush order with Fred Meyer for all my staples, but I'm happy to know that I won't have to use powdered milk the whole time I'm here. And even more important, I won't have to use 'creamer' in my coffee because (drum roll) they have heavy whipping cream at the store. WOOHOO!

And now I'm off to plan lessons. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment